Tuesday 19 January 2010

This is not the end!!

Today I have had the members of AIESEC visit the school to sit in on my classes and learn about my time here at the school. They enjoyed sitting in on my class about Australian animals and especially the youtube videos I showed with the animals! If anyone is interested, here are the links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93gZ3NYa6X8 for a funny dancing cockatoo



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc_-icFHwQo for a kookaburra laughing



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO8u1hSmuWc for people being stalked by an emu







Today my younger English class read a great book I brought with me called 'Santa's Aussie Holiday'. It's a poem about Santa taking a holiday in Australia and all the things he did there, with some cute pictures. They were extremely good at English and understood most of the story without any help, and when we played a game after they were extremely good at recognising the words. Very smart!





..............





And today is my very last day at school. This morning the students all had an assembly out on the track and I could see how big the school is, at least twice the size of any elementary schools in Adelaide!! And I just had my very last class, which was the fourth grade, class 402. They were a very enthusiastic class and were keen to take part in the activities. So I think it was a good class to finish up with!!
When school finishes this afternoon I am going to Jiangua (I think that's what its called!) with Bella. This is apparently a very beautiful scenic spot so I will be sure to take lots of photos and show them on here! Also I will be going to Hsinchu with Miss Yang and Paulina so I will also add this to the blog. So just because school is finished does not mean the blog is finished!! This is not the end... I will blog about Taiwan right up until I leave. So stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment